Sun City Resort is ideal for families with children. Great kid's clubs, playgrounds, sports, arcade games, movies, fabulous wildlife encounters are offered, as well as endless fun at the Valley of Waves and Waterworld.
The Entertainment Centre lies at the heart of Sun City
, and this is where guests can book many activities through the on-site Welcome Desk. Outdoor adventure and game activities can be booked at the Gametrackers desk. The Entertainment Centre also contains a wealth of entertainment in the form of arcade games.
Parents can rest assured that their children will be kept entertained at Sun City Resort. There are two clubs available - one for under 12's and the other is for tweens. A professional babysitting and chaperone service
is offered through Thula Baba, so that mom and dad can enjoy a romantic dinner, a theatre show, and much, much more.
There are lots of water based activities for children at Sun City Resort. The Valley of the Waves which is one of the most advanced water-parks in the world is situated at the Lost City. There are also many pools scattered throughout the Sun City Resort Complex, all of which have trained lifeguards on hand. Near the lakeshore children will find a fantastic playground
, with mini-golf, mini-cars, trampolines and more. Older children and adults can enjoy the 2km (1.2 mile) long zip-slide or go horse-riding excursions.
Little ones will love being able to pet the farm animals at Animal World and delight in discovering different species at the Birds of Prey exhibit (the daily feeding time is late morning). Children at Sun City Resort can also enjoy rides
on the steam train that runs through the resort.
Clubs and childcare facilities at the Sun City ResortThula Baba
- a professional babysitting and chaperone service. This service operates during the day and at night.Kamp Kwena Crèche
- this facility is open to children aged 0 - 12 years and offers various daily activities. The Crèche is open every day.Kamp Kwena Fort
- a great place for tweens to make new friends! The club is open to 4 -12 year olds with strictly no-one over 18 and no alcohol. Club Chirp operates every day in school holidays and at night on Fridays and Saturdays.
Highlights for Children at Sun City Resort
The Valley of Waves at the Lost City is a truly amazing feature. The journey to this magical place starts with a trip over the Bridge of Time
which shakes with volcanic activity every hour. Adventure paths, beautiful gardens with hidden caves, forests and a sway bridge surround the valley.
The Roaring Lagoon is a magnificent hydraulic wave pool measuring 6 500 square metres (7560 square yards) which has a beautiful palm-fringed beach. Huge waves are generated every 90 seconds
. The water park has five exciting water rides, including the Temple of Courage, where visitors drop 17 metres (57 feet) down a long chute before being swept away under a bridge and into the pool at the end of the slide. There are also tube rides and body slides.
The Valley of Waves has great services and facilities
. There are lifeguards on duty, well-equipped change rooms, lockers and a first aid centre. The ethnic village offers a food outlet, sweetie shop, clothing store, children's playground and pool. The Royal Bath is another larger swimming pool adjacent to the amphitheatre.
Fabulous water features
- Valley of Waves - Lost City
- Waterworld - parasailing, wake boarding etc at the lake in front of the Cabanas
- Swimming pools (with lifeguards) for kids and adults - all hotels
- Bumper boats - next to the lake in front of the Cabanas
- Butterfly World - at the Cultural Village, entrance to Sun City
- Animal World - farm animals/birds of prey at the Cabanas
- Horse riding - private Game Park nearby
- Aviary - near the Cascades tennis courts
- Valley of the Waves, Waterworld and hotel swimming pools
- Segway riding machine - next to the tennis courts at Cascades
- Zipslide - book through the Welcome Desk
- Scenic steam train ride - Cabanas
- Finders Keepers (treasure dig) - lake shore at Cabanas
- Trampolines and fully equipped playground - lakeshore at Cabanas
- Mini-golf and mini-cars - lake shore at Cabanas
- Kamp Kwena Crèche, ages 0-12 years - Entertainment Centre, upper level
- Kamp Kwena Fort, ages 4 - 12 years - during peak season they also host teen events in the evenings
- Moviezone - family movies at the cinema - Entertainment Centre
- Magic Company Games Arcade, for children of all ages - Entertainment Centre