Conference Venues and Facilities at Sun City
Sun City ConferencingSun City Resort in South Africa offers an exceptional variety of banqueting and conference venues combined with accommodation and entertainment for large numbers of delegates. Clients have many boardrooms, breakaway rooms and state-of-the-art venues to choose from, including the dynamic Superbowl which seats more than 6 000 people. Exciting facilities can be arranged to suit any event both indoors and out.Conference delegates can enjoy superb Big Five game viewing and bush activities in the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park, experience an Elephant back safari or enjoy a company dinner in a traditional boma (bush enclosure) under the stars. The Sun City complex and Casino has four hotels, resort transport, entertainment for all ages and first class gaming. The resort is located in the bushveld of the North West Province, South Africa, just 187 km / 116 miles from Johannesburg.For pre and post conference options, delegates at Sun City Resort have access to a huge selection of leisure activities including live shows and movies. This all encompassing destination provides two Gary Player designed championship golf courses, sporting opportunities, a Spa, fun recreational facilities and all kinds of eateries and shopping outlets. The Valley of the Waves is the central feature of the mysterious Lost City and one of the most advanced water-parks in the world. Delegates with families will also find great kids clubs and child care available.
Sun City Resort conference venues overview
The Entertainment Centre central Sun City
- Breakaway Rooms - 10 to 90 delegates in 13 rooms.
- Hall of Treasures - 700 delegates for cocktails (also used as an exhibition venue).
- Pilanesberg Room - 800 delegates for cocktails or 600 for a banquet.
- Royal Ballroom - 1 200 delegates in conference style seating or 800 for a banquet.
- Superbowl - 6 855 delegates seated for a show or up to 10 500 with standing room.
Sun City Hotel:
Baobab, Acacia and Jacaranda conference roomsThese flexible rooms can accommodate 360 delegates in conference style seating or 650 for cocktails.
The Letsatsi Conference CentreThis centre has been completely upgraded with all the latest trimmings including network points for telephone lines and computer points. There is a reception and auditorium and various conference rooms and boardrooms which can seat up to 160 delegates.
Sun City TheatreThis venue doubles as an auditorium which can seat up to 620 delegates. The Terrace Restaurant and pool deck makes these great venues, offering a variety of options for dinners or cocktails for up to 600 and 500 people respectively.
The Palace of the Lost City:
- Baobab Outlook (outdoor with views) - 110 delegates for dinner or 150 for cocktails.
- Council Boardroom - 14 delegates.
- Palace Boardroom - in the Business Centre seating 10 delegates.
- Protea and Orchid - 80 delegates in each room in cinema style seating.
- Royal Chambers - 120 delegates in conference style seating or 80 for a banquet.
The Cascades Hotel and The Cabanas:
- Cabanas Boardroom - 12 delegates.
- Cabanas Palm Terrace Restaurant - various options inside and out for group functions
- Cascades 2nd floor Boardroom - 8 delegates.
- Cascades 4th floor Boardroom - 10 delegates at the table or 20 around the room.